I have never had heartburn or acid reflux in my life before now. I didn't really know what it was. If only I could go back to being that naive...
It is 1:47AM, and I cannot sleep. I am so exhausted, but every time I lay my head down, I feel like I'm going to throw up or my chest is going to explode. I have nothing here to take (especially since Kira ate my bottle of Tums, plastic container and all). I would drive to pick something up if there were anything remotely close that was open 24/7, but I'd probably have to drive for an hour to find anything.
Everything I have read gives me ideas on how to prevent it (don't eat spicy foods, eat several small meals instead of three large ones, etc)- some even said avoid chocolate (yeah, right). Nothing I found told me what to do when I was suffering right now, other than lay on your left side and elevate your upper body to 45 degrees. Excuse me, but how are those two things even possible to do together? I think I'd need to remove a few ribs to be able to accomplish laying in that position.
Well, there's my late night ramble for now. I know that I haven't updated much. I am officially in the 3rd trimester now, so I'll have to update the checklists and maybe post a picture of this ever-growing bump. For now, I am going to attempt (again) to get some sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment