Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

4 Weeks

Ziggy has implanted and become an embryo! He/she is really in there! (Insert panic-and excited squeals-here)


This week, Ziggy is the size of a poppy seed:


At four weeks, your baby, now known as a blastocyst, is practically microscopic--a teeny ball of cells. She's busy settling into her now home (your uterus), prepping for all the crusial development she'll be doing over the next six weeks.
{Courtesy warning: If you're not into gory details, skip this next part}



*The ball of cells is splitting into the embryo and placenta
*Baby's neural tube, the building block of his spine, brain and backbone, is already formed
*The amniotic sac and fluid are forming into protective cushioning for your baby. 

Now for the weekly questions:

MILESTONE: BFP!

Due Date: February 8, 2013

Symptoms: super tired, my boobs are bigger (YES!!), I am constantly eating, drinking, and peeing. I had a few cramps yesterday, which I'm hoping were just implantation cramps.

Overall Feeling: Still shocked, very nervous, and starting to get excited. 

Cravings: This morning started my first craving: oatmeal. I had oatmeal for breakfast and 4 oatmeal cookies for a snack later. 

Food Aversions: I did not like the chocolate cookie I tried. It made me super nauseous.  

What Made Me Cry This Week: Looking through the checklist of everything I need to do and when Bucky snuggled super close next to me and purred on my chest when I told him I needed love (awwww, cutest kitten ever!!)

High Point: Seeing the word "Pregnant"

Low Point: Mood swings that make me upset for stupid things (ahem...sorry, Babe

Medical Stuff: My first appointment is scheduled for June 21st. I got the okay to climb for awhile- Cory looked into pregnant climbers and there are some that have climbed through their entire pregnancies!

Thoughts from Cory: "I'm just very excited!"

Something I'm excited about: This week, I'm excited that Ziggy has implanted and I am that much closer to being a Mommy!!

The Bump Picture:
Front:

Side:

Close-up:

No comments:

Post a Comment