Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

1st Tri Check In

Since we have made it to the 2nd Tri, I thought I'd check in on my progress with my 1st tri checklist:


Here's my First Tri Checklist:
3. Investigate health insurance | Check!
Cory did this. I don't know all the details, but we know how to get baby insured and roughly what we will be paying.
12. Do your best to eat well  | Check!
I did my best. Even so, the doctor just told me to eat whatever I could. I needed the calories. 

13. Stock your kitchen with healthy stuff  | Check!
This happened awhile ago when Cory's sweet mom demanded that she come over and fill our kitchen with a TON of groceries so I would have my pick of food. Thanks, Mom!
14. Get relief from morning sickness  | Check! (ish)
Well, I tried. Three medications, one supplement, and every old trick in the book later... I don't feel 100% awful every minute of the day...
16. Consider your options for prenatal testing  | Check!
I know a little about the NT scan, but since we are young and healthy, and our families didn't have anything that concerned the doctor, we are low risk for any issues, and haven't done any testing. 

17. Learn the signs of a pregnancy problem  | Check!
Spotting, cramping, dying, etc.
22. Start a daily ritual to connect with your baby  | Check!
I wouldn't say I started a ritual, but we say hello to it.
23. Buy some new bras and undies  | Check!
I only bought one. Those suckers are still growing.
24. Have sex if you feel up to it | Check!
25. Talk to your partner about parenting  | Check!
We do this occasionally when we think of something to discuss
26. Make a baby budget  | Check!
We are starting to get a feel for costs and we are choosing things based on what we know we have.
27. Get ready to see or hear your baby  | Check!
We got ready. Baby didn't cooperate, so we have yet to hear the baby, but we got to see him/her twice!
30. Do some stretching,
Yeah, no.
31. Sneak in a pregnancy power nap  | Check!
I deserve a gold medal for going above and beyond in this category.
32. Pack healthy snacks  | Check!
I tried. I really did.
33. Try a relaxation technique  | Check?
Does sleeping count?
34. Take a quick walk  | Check!
For me, the most I could do was down the street. It's SO hot!
35. Eat a pregnancy superfood  | Check!
Okay, so I don't remember all the foods, but I'm sure I've eaten one.
37. Track your weight gain  | Check!
I don't have a scale, but it's tracked at the doctor's office. I haven't lost any weight, so that's good.
38. Do something nice for yourself  | Check!
I get delicious treats sometimes :)
39. Check in with a friend  | Check!
My friends have been great at checking in with me. I feel horrible most of the time, but it gets better when they say hi :)

Overall, I only missed one. I'd say it was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment