Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

16 weeks

Hello! I am a bit behind on my blogging (shocking, I know), but here is my 16 weeks update. I don't know if I'm actually at 16 weeks, but I'm going with yes. Depending on the different due dates I have gotten, I could be 15 weeks and 6 days, 16 weeks, or 16 weeks and 3 days. I'm going with the furthest along one.

This week, Baby is the size of an avocado:
This means that Baby is between 4 and 5 inches long and about 3.5 ounces. Talk about a growth spurt! The next few weeks will involve a lot of growing- most women start to "pop" between now and 20/22 weeks. Baby's legs are now developed and the eyes and ears are moving to a much more "normal" location on the head. He or she has even started growing toenails. 

We had a check in with our doctor on Thursday (my 24th birthday!), and all was well. I was very concerned that I had lost weight and that baby wasn't getting enough nutrients. The last two weeks have been some of the worst I've had, so I was barely keeping down anything. Fortunately, baby must have found some nutrients somewhere because I gained 5 pounds! Phew! We didn't get to see baby this time, but we finally got to hear the heartbeat- a strong 160bpm. What a wonderful swish swish swish! We go back in 4 weeks for our 20 week appointment. They will be calling us to set up our anatomy scan around then as well. 

And now for the questions:


MILESTONE: Hearing the baby's heartbeat, and finally having a little bit of a bump!

Due Date: 1/30, 2/2, or 2/3/2013. It would be nice they would make up their minds!

Symptoms: Still very nauseous in the mornings, but it is sometimes better in the evenings. I'm hoping it continues to get better and doesn't take another nosedive like last week. I'm also so, so tired this week. Ta-tas are still sore, and my entire body seems to hurt- my back, my feet, my legs. I need a massage!

Overall Feeling: Impatient. I really want to know if it's a boy or a girl!

Cravings: Jordan Almonds, but I got some of those today. I never remember my cravings after the fact. 

Food Aversions: Meh. I'm still not super excited about eating, but it's getting easier. 

What Made Me Cry This Week: A friend posted a video clip from their wedding, so obviously that made me cry. 

High Point: Hearing the heartbeat

Low Point: Realizing that there are no maternity pants that fit me. They are all too big or too short or outrageously expensive. I threw a minor tantrum in the fitting room at Target and Kohl's. 

Medical Stuff: My next appointment is on September 14th. 

Thoughts from Cory: "I like that the baby can hear me now and I can say hello to it."

Something I'm excited about: Watching my bump grow and possibly feeling some flutters and/or kicks pretty soon! 

Here are the pictures- sorry about the quality. We normally do them in the morning, but tonight we waited until the sun was about to set. Whoops!



No comments:

Post a Comment