Anyway, here we go with the update:
1. Find a prenatal exercise class - not yet. This is the first day I've had energy.
I have my quad screen sometime this week or next week and my anatomy scan in the middle of September. My monthly visits will continue. I also have to get a couple of vaccines. Boo.
(So far.) I don't have a scale, so I just see what happens when I go to the doctor. I gained 5 lbs. Yay!
Kind of. I tried. They don't fit, and it's a frustrating experience. I bought a pair of pants online, so we'll see.
5. Consider a professional labor coach (doula)- I have no idea why I would need one. Obviously I should research it, but I'm not sure if this is the route I want to go.
6. Plan some adult time- Sort of, but not really. Nothing is set in stone. Our anniversary is next month, so I'm sure we'll come up with something.
...but I'm really bad at remembering. I do it a couple of times a week. I'm hoping my mom's genes work and I don't get stretch marks.
The boy's name is set. The girl's name is a little more up in the air.
We knew that one from day one.
10. Jot down your crazy pregnancy dreams- so far I haven't written any down, but they are definitely crazy.
11. Look into childbirth classes- I have thought about looking into them...does that count?
12. Do some financial planning- sort of, but we haven't done enough that I'll cross it off the list.
14. Prepare pets- We still have a loooooong way to go with the furbabies!
15. Start your childcare search- We won't really be using childcare, but I do want to tour a couple of places in case we need it for some reason.
16. Get your teeth cleaned- Ha, no. I am more terrified of the dentist than I am of childbirth.
17. Celebrate the halfway point- Not yet- just a couple more weeks!
Sleeping on my stomach was no longer an option, and I hate sleeping on my back.
(I won't go into detail...)
Babies R Us, Target, and Amazon! They aren't complete, yet, but they are started.
21. Think about your maternity leave- Still figuring out what we want to do.
22. Check your rings- I've done this a couple times, but I'll leave it uncrossed because I'm sure I'll need to do it again.
23. Consider a babymoon- Probably not, but we haven't really discussed it.
24. Think about your baby shower- I do this pretty much every day, but no dates have been thrown out or anything.
Obviously.
26. Write a letter to your baby- Not yet. Baby has been rude for so long that the letter would probably just say, "Hey, stop being a jerk". I'll write something nicer when I'm not puking regularly :)
27. Tackle your home improvement projects-Oh good lord, do we need to do this.
28. Dedicate time to your partner- I'm not really sure what this means. We spend a lot of time together...
29. Eat healthy- Not yet. So far, my diet has been "eat literally anything you can, even if that means pizza and ice cream all day, every day" Fortunately, this diet is doctor approved!
So there you have it. We're about halfway done-ish (I didn't count.). Not bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment