Cory and I both have to work this weekend (for me, two shifts at Adventure Rock, for him, a couple of hours in the NICU), so our Labor Day weekend will be filled with laboring (the work kind. Not the bad kind that makes this little one come here way too early). I haven't spent a lot of time back at work yet, so two in a row might be difficult for me, especially with all of this pain I've been having. Fortunately, my boss is awesomesauce and let me leave 4 hours early today because it was slow (THANK YOU, Alicia!!).
About the pain- I woke up to a cramp-a-thon a couple of days ago, coupled with back spasms that were out of control. I was worried about some sort of kidney or bladder infection (and obviously about the baby), so I made an appointment to be checked. I didn't get to see my regular doctor, but the on call OB was fab. We got to hear the heartbeat again, and everything is fine. She told me I can use a heating pad and take Tylenol (Whoopie....), so I've been trying that. It helps a little bit, but I think my back is in for a really rough remaining 5 months. We may be investing in some sort of fancy pregnancy pillow to see if it helps. If anyone has any recommendations, I am open to just about anything! My brother joined the awesomesauce club by getting me a gift card for a maternity massage for my birthday. I can't wait to use it!
We are starting to figure out what we want to do for the nursery. We went and looked at some paint colors yesterday since Ace Hardware and Home Depot are running a Labor Day sale. We might just buy some white paint and go back later to put the color in so we can take advantage of the sale without being pressured into deciding on colors RIGHTTHISMINUTE. I also want to match it to the fabric we buy to make the valances, bed skirt, and bumpers.
Our next big step with the baby planning is moving the dogs out of their room (now the nursery) and putting them in our room. It will be nice to snuggle with them at night again! We just have some organizing to do, along with some training about new rules.
We'll have exciting news to post some time in the next week or two :) Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment