I started a checklist earlier that I got from a website I've been using, but found another, more comprehensive one. I'm a bit of a planner (HA! Understatement of the century!), and I like feeling prepared.
Here's my First Tri Checklist:
1. Make sure you're really pregnant
2. Take your prenatal vitamin
3. Investigate health insurance
4. Choose a caregiver
5. Make a prenatal appointment
6. Consult your caregiver about medications you're taking
7. If you smoke, quit
8. Stop drinking alcohol
9. Cut down on caffeine
10. Make sure your activities are pregnancy safe
11. Start avoiding hazardous foods
12. Do your best to eat well
13. Stock your kitchen with healthy stuff
14. Get relief from morning sickness
15. Go to bed early
16. Consider your options for prenatal testing
17. Learn the signs of a pregnancy problem
18. Think about when and how you'll announce your pregnancy
19. Follow your baby's development
20. Join your birth club
21. Start taking belly photos
22. Start a daily ritual to connect with your baby
23. Buy some new bras and undies
24. Have sex if you feel up to it
25. Talk to your partner about parenting
26. Make a baby budget
27. Get ready to see or hear your baby
28. Start a baby name list
29. Drink water
30. Do some stretching
31. Sneak in a pregnancy power nap
32. Pack healthy snacks
33. Try a relaxation technique
34. Take a quick walk
35. Eat a pregnancy superfood
36. Write down a pregnancy memory
37. Track your weight gain
38. Do something nice for yourself
39. Check in with a friend
Yikes! I've got work to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment