1. Take a pregnancy test | check (obviously)
2. Schedule first prenatal appointment | check
I called right away to schedule my appt with Dr. VF. Since I am so early on, they wanted to wait a bit. Actually the nurse literally said, "Let's just wait a week to see what happens." and I kept saying oh, so I should call back in a week to schedule? She kept telling me, "It's early; let's just wait a week." It finally clicked in my head that this early on it is still very possible I could have a chemical pregnancy, and she meant I should wait a week before doing anything baby related just to make sure I was still pregnant then.
Super. That feels great.
After a few more conversations between her and the doctor about whether or not I could still rock climb, I continued panic mode.
3. Start prenatal vitamins | check
I started taking prenatals when we started trying to conceive, but I rarely remembered to take them. Fortunately, Cory is practically forcing them down my throat ("You need your folic acid!!") and has also signed on to take a daily vitamin at the same time so I don't forget. I have already learned to take them right before bed because they make me nauseous.
...Three down, a billion to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment